Friday, September 10, 2004

Posting a Picture in My Blog

Wow. I just learned how to post a picture in my Blog. This is definitely a good development seeing as though I am still incapable of updating my website. Computers can be evil...but I found a loophole and will now still be able to show everyone my pictures from Munich.

I have been practicing my German in preparation for my departure. However, the only person I have to practice with is myself. Good thing I enjoy talking to myself, otherwise it would be weird.

Even with my recent attempts at practicing my German (which I should have been doing all summer), I know that I will be one of the worst German speakers of my group. Being the optimist that I am, I have concluded that this will be opportunity for personal growth. Let me explain: Many people would be able to point out (probably only behind my back) that I can be a cocky ass at times. This arrogance stems most directly from academics. Therefore, if I (at least at the beginning) find myself as one of the worst in my class, it will be a grand humbling experience. Let's hope that I will be able to embrace this experience while it is happening, instead of being overcome with frustration.

Well, I am still so proud of myself for figuring out how to post a picture on my blog. Speaking of pride, I am extremely proud of my brother, who last night participated in his very first water polo match. I wish I had the courage to try such a new and different sport in high school. He's not one to waste the famed Kelner athleticism...my brother is such a stud!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I just got through most of your Blog - and am definitely glad to see that we will be able to follow your journey with pictures. But as always Courtenacious, your words of wisdom and your glib descriptions of everyday happenings will no doubt keep you close to all of our hearts.

Speaking of pride, the courage and drive that you always seem to utilize in pushing towards success and in taking you to places like USD, Munich, etc. makes me realize more each and every day, what a wonderful daughter and person you are!!!!!! And about that Kelner athleticism, where do you think it started?